THE HISTORY OF 3 CARD POKER
A fairly new game in the table, 3 Card Poker was created by former professional gambler Derek Webb in 1994 under its former name Casino Brag, with the vision that poker can be played at the speed of other table games.
Like any new games, 3 Card Poker was a challenge to be adapted by casinos right away. UK, for example, had gambling regulations going against it. It was first adopted by Grand Casino Gulfport in Mississippi, with Webb training the dealers hands on.
In 2002, eight years after its creation, UK’s gambling regulations were amended to open their casino tables to 3 Card Poker. Shuffle Master’s promotions renamed the game to 3 Card Poker which attracted gamblers better, catapulting it to explosive popularity.
As a happy ending to the humble and struggling beginnings of the game, 3 Card Poker is now revered as a casino staple game.
3 CARD POKER RULES
3 Card Poker is one of the most popular table games of all time as it’s easy to learn and to play. 3 Card Poker is a house-banked game played with a regular deck of 52 cards where no joker or wild cards are used.
2. Bonus Bet (Optional)
- 1 to 1 on ranking player highest than banker card
- 2 to 1 (Half payment) player winning against banker card with ranking playing card combination “J” and “Q” each.
|Straight Flush||1 pays 40|
|3 of a Kind||1 pays 25|
|Straight||1 pays 6|
|Flush||1 pays 4|
|Pair||1 pays 1|
GAME RULES AND REGULATION
- Dealer distributes 3 cards to every player hand, outcome result of the 3 cards, highest ranking of the card will determine the winner.
- Highest ranking will be straight flush, followed by 3 of kind, Straight, Flush, Pair.
- If card outcome does not meet requirement above we will compare the single card ranking which Ace “A” is highest and “2”is lowest.